RESEARCH ASSISTANT (SAN DIEGO,CA, $15-$20/hr)
Asha Pharma LLC, is a San Diego, California based company specializing in Crystallization R&D and Solid Form Screening and Selection. We offer these services to the pharmaceutical and other industries on a fee-for-service basis. "Asha" means "hope". We use our expertise and dedicated focus on crystallization services to provide HOPE to patients around the world who are awaiting drugs in development that have solubility and crystallization issues. Asha’s lab is located in the beautiful Torrey Pines area of San Diego. We are proud to be part of one of the largest and most innovative biotech hubs in the United States.
This is a part time, year-round internship. All students are required to commit 15-20 hours per week.
This position involves working in a laboratory that evaluates novel chemical compounds (typically pharmaceuticals) and discovers novel crystalline structures of the same as part of drug development. The Research Assistant will work on projects related to crystallization R&D (on pharmaceutical and other molecules) under close supervision and mentorship of a Scientist. This is an excellent opportunity to learn by doing hands-on lab based work on novel pharmaceutical and other molecules. The employee may also get the opportunity to help with Business Development Activities as appropriate.
Daily responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Perform all lab work while keeping safety of self and colleagues as highest priority
· Help with setting up and carrying out experiments as needed
· Perform routine experiments independently as appropriate
· Document all experiments in a lab notebook
· Clean glassware and lab bench, order supplies, perform general lab maintenance activities as needed
· May operate solid state analytical instruments such as XRD, DSC, TGA after appropriate training as needed
· Other tasks/duties such as Business Development/Marketing (under supervision) as assigned in a startup environment
· Applicants should be highly motivated, efficient, organized and have a strong interest in crystallization and pharmaceutical R&D
· Students should be enrolled in a program working towards a BS/MS degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or related field
· Availability to work 15-20 hours a week during the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
· Housing and Relocation assistance is NOT available for this role. Local candidates ONLY please.
· Applicants must be authorized for lawful employment in the U.S.
· Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills and computer skills
· Prior experience in a wet chemistry lab environment is a plus
Asha Pharma LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply please email your CV to careers@AshaSD.com.