SR./RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (SAN DIEGO, CA)
Asha Pharma LLC, is a San Diego, California based company specializing in Crystallization R&D and Solid Form Screening and Selection. We offer these services to the pharmaceutical and other industries on a fee-for-service basis. "Asha" means "hope". We use our expertise and dedicated focus on crystallization services, to provide HOPE to patients around the world, who are awaiting drugs in development that have solubility and crystallization issues. Asha’s lab is located in the beautiful Sorrento Valley area of San Diego. We are proud to be part of one of the largest and most innovative biotech hubs in the United States.
This is an exciting time for us at Asha as we continue to build on a strong foundation and grow towards our goal of being the premier Crystallization R&D Lab in the world! We are looking for energetic, self-motivated candidates who will help us continue this exciting growth trajectory!
This position involves working in a laboratory that evaluates novel chemical compounds (typically pharmaceuticals) and discovers novel crystalline structures of the same as part of drug development.
The Sr./Research Associate will independently work on projects related to crystallization R&D (e.g. polymorph, salt, cocrystal screening and crystallization process development for pharmaceutical and other molecules) under the guidance of a senior team member. The Sr./Research Associate will also help with Business Development Activities, providing a unique opportunity for well-rounded career development.
Daily responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Perform all lab work while keeping safety of self and colleagues as highest priority
· Plan and perform scientific experiments independently as appropriate
· Operate analytical instruments such as XRD, DSC, TGA, DVS and HPLC
· Document all experiments in a lab notebook, write client updates, present results to clients, write and review final project reports
· Clean glassware and lab bench, order supplies, perform general lab maintenance activities
· Complete Business Development/Marketing activities including reaching out to prospective clients, presenting Asha’s capabilities etc. as needed
· Present scientific posters, papers and webinars as appropriate
· BS/MS (0-2 years’ experience) degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or related field
· Prior experience in a wet lab and/or with analytical instruments such as XRD, DSC, TGA, DVS and HPLC is preferred
· Applicants should be highly motivated, efficient, organized and have a strong interest in crystallization and pharmaceutical R&D
· Applicants must be interested in Business Development and Marketing activities
· Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills and computer skills
· Applicants must be able to multitask and handle multiple projects at the same time
Asha Pharma LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply please email your CV to careers@AshaSD.com.